Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Roberta Swarowsky


I´m Roberta, I´m 21 years old, I live in the southern-most city in Brazil called Porto Alegre. As a Law undergraduate student in the 3rd year of Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, I would like to say how I am highly motivated with this opportunity of study in the renowned Notre Dame University with Phoenix Institute. I am very proud of having the chance to mature and construct knowledge and self-consciousness with my professors and classmates orientations. This privilege of studying is just one of the many reasons which my academic and social responsabilities concern.When the Western culture is not taught anymore, we will realize that our society is opening a door to a relativiness´ world crowded with an insecurity spirit, which means morals and ethics are losing positions. In this manner, we can not undervalue the worth of ancient philosophy, which is alive, subsisting and still breathing to construct the future. The Western culture and concepts have been an essential part of my development, since my childhood. It has been influencing myself on my personal achievements and straightforward personality. Not only because of the strong Christian-Catholic values, but also on learning how to handle with different situations and points of view. I believe every human being should be formed as a whole, learning the real meaning of little acts and goodness. I loooove travelling and also meet people all over the world... make friends... I am really looking forward to arrive in Notre Dame!

No comments: