Thursday, June 19, 2008

Maria Macia


I'm so excited to be attending the Institute for the third time. I am 22 years old and I am originally from Phoenix-- in fact, I found out about the Institute because I graduated from a high school in Phoenix that Dr. Evans helped to found. I finished up my undergraduate degree in Political Science and Economics at Swarthmore College, located in Philadelphia, in 2007. Since then, I have been teaching Algebra II and American studies to high school students, and I am studying for the law school admissions test right now. I would love to practice constitutional or antitrust law some day.
In my free time, I really enjoy talking (and listening to what others have to say) about philosophy, politics, theology, and what it means to live the good life. I am particularly fascinated by the writings of Alexis De Tocqueville, Alasdair MacIntyre, Thomas Aquinas, St. Augustine, and Joseph Ratzinger / Pope Benedict XVI. I also like working out at the gym, running, attempting to play tennis, traveling, listening to Broadway Musicals, Jazz, and Classical music, practicing my Spanish, and learning about other cultures. I am looking forward to meeting so many other like-minded people and exploring common interests and goals together!

No comments: