Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Gabriel Villamil


Hi pal! My name is Gabriel Villamil Martins, and I’m from Brazil, Porto Alegre city – Rio Grande do Sul. I’d like to present myself as a new student in ND Summer Course. My current graduation is Law, at the Pontiphycal Catholic University of Rio Grande do Sul. In fact, I’m doing the fourth semester of this course, with my 20 years of age. My favorite kinds of subject are those which are linked to Philosophy and Humanities, but, mainly, almost all forms of the language fact, so important in our nowadays world. I believe that a serious study of the Western Civilization is an excellent way to research about ancient kinds of relationships based on a process of different and progressive ways of communication. The Literature…Could be the key to better understand our origins and our incredible capacity of what we cold name “Spirit Art”. That’s why I’m attending to this year ND Course: it will be a great pleasure to deal with the selected texts. By the way, I like to study foreign languages, and dealing with English is a nice experience. My favorite kind of books are those written with critic intentions, like Machado de Assis, Clarice Lispector, Eça de Queiroz (Priest Amaro’s crime). Poetry are also good, as Cruz e Souza, Alphonsus de Guimaraens, Cecília Meireles. These are Brazilian and Portuguese authors. Unfortunately, I don’t know too much foreign literature, but Josten Gaarder is a good writer, with his Sophia’s World. Anthony de Saint Exupéry, “The little Prince” (the only one I know about him). Besides that, technical books are very interesting, as Latin Grammar, Linguistics, politics and economics works (Freakonomics are interesting!), Sociology ones. Finally, I like Greek mythologies very much…
Well, that’s it. Hope I find your all at our course!
Free hugs, hehehe!

No comments: