Friday, June 20, 2008

Irene González


Hi everyone! My name is Irene González Hernández and I am a 20 year old law student that enjoys reading, listening to music, and attending to philosophy lectures. I was born in the US but I have lived in Mexico City with my beautiful family all my life. My dad is an accountant and a philosopher, and my mom is a dedicated housewife. They both have been a great inspiration for me. My little sister is a brilliant high school student and a promising archeologist. And we also have two gorgeous Scottish terriers. I specially like humanities, music, dogs and going out with my friends. Some of my favorite authors (which I have recently discovered) are Hannah Arendt and Gabriel Marcel who are brilliant 20th century thinkers. I also like reading almost anything dealing with philosophy and history. I really enjoy playing with my dogs, visiting archeological sites, and playing the piano and the guitar from time to time. As for music, I love rock & roll, classical (especially polyphony of the renaissance) and some pop too. Chopin, Pink Floyd, Palestrina, and Radiohead definitely ROCK! Don’t they? Last year I attended I Phoenix Institute for the first time and I must say it was one of the most enriching experiences of my life: an awe-inspiring campus, many brilliant lectures, and lots of great friends and beautiful human beings. I really look forward to meeting new Phoenixians and catching up with the old ones…
See you all at Notre Dame soon! Lets share a great summer…

No comments: