Thursday, June 19, 2008

Emilia Klepacka


My name is Emilia Klepacka. I am 26 years old and I was born in the south of England. I grew up in a Polish family with generous and loving parents, four sisters and one brother. I studied Law at Cambridge University and then worked in Brussels as the European Director for World Youth Alliance ( http://www.wya.net/). At the moment I work in London for a national Catholic lay organisation which contributes expertise to public & political debates and raises awareness of particular ethical & legislative questions which should be of concern to citizens. Like many of you, I would like work in my own country to help foster conscientious citizenship, good intellectual formation and authentic solidarity grounded in a mutual commitment to the common good..
Last year, I attended the Phoenix Institute summer programme and I had the joy of working closely with Prof Frans Alting von Geusau and meeting other faculty members for the first time: it was great to experience how the Institute is forming a new generation of leaders who are passionate about education and ideas and enriched by their mutual friendships and experience. This year, I am really looking forward to studying the philosophy courses that are on offer, and meeting some more alumni, students and staff. Apart from that I love swimming, music, languages and reading. I am delighted that this will also be a chance to spend precious moments with some truly great friends. I hope that it will be a time of meaningful and joyful encounters for all of us, an experience that will strengthen us for the future and help us to choose the right path on each of life's crossroads, however challenging that path may be. Thank you to all the organisers!

No comments: