Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Amy Williams


I am 28 years old and was born in San Antonio, TX. I lived in San Diego, CA until I was nine and then my family moved to Nashville, TN where I currently reside. After high school, I attended Vanderbilt University and majored in Human and Organizational Development. After graduation, I spent five years discerning a religious vocation with the Dominican Sisters of St. Cecilia. The experience was filled with countless graces, but I discovered that God's plan is for me to work out my salvation while being actively engaged in the world. Currently, I'm a service banker at Wachovia and am planning to begin law school this fall. As a Dominican, I had the opportunity to study the philosophy of St. Thomas Aquinas, and I have a particular interest in his writings on natural law. Besides St. Thomas, I love reading anything written by or about St. Thomas More, Servais Pinckaers, Henri Lacordaire, or St. Catherine of Siena. I'm a HUGE Notre Dame football fan and have been known to throw a fantastic spiral! I love activities outdoors, especially running and cycling. I also play a little tennis, but I have a lot of technique to learn. I'm looking forward to the friendships and learning opportunities at this summer's Phoenix Institute!

No comments: